Thursday 28 July 2011

WELCOME BACK :)

Hi and welcome to Term  3. Don't ask me where the year has gone!!!. It was great to see all "my kids" back and smiling yesterday. Then when I looked around I saw that they weren't all back! Some of them are still enjoying their holidays!
I trust that everyone had/has a safe and enjoyable holiday and that all are ready to tackle Term 3 with joy and enthusiasm.
I am excited because we are concentrating on learning about Australia and what a beautiful and special place it is to live.  I also look forward to listening to each child sing me  Advance Australia Fair and I get to learn a few "new" lyrics ;)
We will be visiting the Zoo this Term, which is always fun and we get a visit from MacDonald's  farm where we can pat and cuddle the baby animals.
Our Class Assembly is set for week 3 and although nerve-racking, is always exciting.
I purchased a new "kid friendly" camera on the holidays and you can look forward to some interesting photos as the children learn to use it correctly!
Cheers >:) Mrs E.


Today we did the next part to our dinosaur prints. We painted them with orange and yellow edicol dye and they look amazing - what do you think?


Shannon and Taj were at the whiteboard and Taj drew this picture of him and Shannon playing together.


Mrs E drew a picture ofAustralia and we had to paint it with water colour paints. Then we drew a picture of ourselves, cut it out and glued it onto the map of Australia. Then we had to tell Mrs E some of the things we know about Australia. She wrote them around the map. Tomorrow Mrs E is going to put a little Australian Flag in our hands. Ella is very proud of her work.

2 comments:

  1. Welcome back everyone, I hope you all had fun on the school holidays. I'm looking forward to reading your blog again and finding out about all the fun things you are going to do this term.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Everyone I am still in South Africa and having a grand time. We are flying back to Australia Tuesday evening so I will see you all Thursday. Today I went to a lion Sancturay where they have rescued 34 lions from zoo and hunting farms. They are so big and beatufull I loved seeing them. Cheers Lucy

    ReplyDelete